They say it “takes a village”.
And it sure did this weekend, as the UAE community came together at New York University Abu Dhabi for the 2018 Annual Autism Education Conference.
This was NYUAD’s 4th year at hosting the conference in collaboration with ABTi, Autism Support Network UAE (CSR initiative of ABTi) and Goals UAE.
The insightful day kicked off with keynote speeches by Goals UAE’s founder, Khawla Barley and ABTi’s very own, Nipa Bhuptani. Both thought leaders shared their unique journeys from each of their initiatives, how autism acceptance has grown in the region and lessons from their experience.
Key advice included:
- “All it takes is one idea, if you have an idea, pursue it!”
- “It may take time, but don’t let your fears hold you back!”
- “Don’t re-invent the wheel, collaborate with partners if you see an opportunity”
In addition to the keynote, the ABTi team also conducted a series of workshops by our seasoned instructors such as:
- Social Stories for Efficient Transitions and Change
- Starting the Implementation of Picture Exchange Communication System
To know more about the above topics or early intervention (CLM), ABA training and consultation, please contact our team at email@example.com